ph9 web design are looking for a talented web genius with boat loads of enthusiasm to join us in Derby.
The ideal person...
- Lives and breathes the web
- You've already started to learn about web development in your own time, and may have built some websites already
- Loves to learn
What's in it for you...
- Learn about the whole industry; from design & front end development, to back-end and dev-ops
- Gain knowledge and be taught by an experienced web developer with 18 years experience
- Full support
- Great training programme
- Constant learning
- Lots of real world and practical experience
Skills you'll learn (if you don't have them already)
- PHP 7
- Object orientated programming (OOP)
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
- Font awesome
- GitHub & DeployHQ
- Dev-ops including nginx, ubuntu, bash scripting, cron jobs & more
- Sketch and Adobe products (Photoshop, Fireworks, etc)
Work you'll be doing
- Building new websites
- Creating new features in our website platform
- Server management (aka "dev ops") of our AWS (Amazon Web Services) platform
- Technical support
So, who are we & what do we do?
We’re ph9; a web design company in the heart of Derby city centre. We provide ready-made websites, which are customised for each client and provide each client training on how to use their website and keep it up to date (which is what you'll be helping us do).
Our clients are mainly small businesses with 1-5 employees and are largely based in the Antique, Vintage & War collectibles sectors.
ph9 is a well established web design company that we started back in 2004, so we’re pretty old in internet years! We have a really down to earth working environment and as a company one of our core values is ‘Happiness’, so everything we revolves around achieving that for our clients and colleagues.
Why you should join us
- Our great training programme!
- Gain a Level 2 or 3 NVQ, Functional Skills, and a Technical Certificate
- Free refreshments including Tea, Coffee, Soft drinks & Ice pops in summer
- Team building trips like Go Karting, Escape Rooms, Nurburgring
- Relaxed dress code for comfy working
- Nice Apple Mac’s to use. We’ll train you if you don’t know how to use them!
- An awesome industrial style office that we decorated ourselves to work in
- Relaxed and down to earth working environment
- Animal friendly office
- We have a resident office cat called Mr Meowgi and two dogs- Jolt and Turbo who regularly bring their human (Rob), to work.
Hours: 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Location: Iron Gate, Derby
Salary: £3.90 to £5 per hour, and reviewed and increased after the first year