- Object-Oriented Programming
- MySQL Database systems
- HTML & CSS
- Agile Methodologies
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Graphic design skills (Photoshop etc)
- Linux server management (scripting, bash, ssh etc)
We believe in making the web easy. We do this through providing beautiful and easy to use websites, which are customised for each client, and by providing each client training on how to use their website and keep it up to date.
We are a team of four, based in the heart of Derby City Centre. The majority of our clients are small businesses using our in-house developed ready-made website system which we sell under our Antiques Web Design and uporium eCommerce website brands on a SaaS (Software as a Service) model. Our ready-made website system provides everything from off the shelf designs to choose from (which can be customised in a multitude of ways), to easy management via our website manager (aka CMS), hosting, and support.
Whilst our off the shelf websites account for the majority of our clients, we also have a portfolio of clients with bespoke websites, and some with large cloud based systems.
Day to day
Your role would involve:-
Off the shelf website related
- Developing new features
- Integrating new design themes
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting
Ad-hoc bespoke work for existing clients ranging from creating new features and building new pages, to a full website build
- Technical support
- Answering the phone when customer service team member is already on the phone
9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
We’re always happy to be flexible where possible for family / childcare commitments
The ideal player
- A keen eye for accuracy and attention to detail
- Dedicated and hard working
- Good communication skills
- A good attitude
Easy - Easy to work with and well as making products that are easy to use
Personal - We build a personal relationship with every client, keeping on a first name basis with all our clients and you will know the person on the end of the phone.
Quality - We focus on making high quality products, well engineered with a strong attention to detail.
Innovation - We strive to innovate and iterate to ensure we stay ahead of the curve and provide the tools necessary for success.
Accurate - We think things through, don't make assumptions, focus on the details and strive to get it right the first time.
Efficient - Making sure we are time efficient, consistent and organised.
Happy - Deliver excellent customer service to keep our customers happy as well as keeping our staff happy.
Transparency - We aim to be open and transparent in all the business we do.
Robust - We focus on building software and systems that are robust and reliable.
Why work for us
- £24k to £35k (DoE)
- Relaxed working environment (no suits and ties!)
- 20 days holiday PLUS bank holidays PLUS Christmas to New Year off
- Away / fun days
- Friday team meetings with booze
- Your birthday off work
- Ice pops in the summer, a Nespresso coffee machine, snacks and more!
Find out more by clicking here.